Smart manufacturing systems enable dramatically improved quality levels and increased flexibility of manufacturing processes – especially those including a human component.
• Lack of insight into key performance indicators on the factory floor
• Slow adoption of new technology and innovations for the manufacturing process
• Complex integration between disparate tools, systems and protocols
• Ability to respond to unplanned changes and disruptive events on the line
• High volumes of data and/or latency concerns requires data to be processed on the edge
• Difficulty creating connected environments utilizing technologies in the cloud or on the factory floor such as IoT sensors and robots
• High cost and time associated with developing new digital practices such as predictive analytics
Application monitors data streams from the factory floor to identify key indicators such as performance and profitability in order to respond to the health and maintenance of factory floor machines providing automation and to improve the operational efficiency and lifetime of those machines.
Manufacturers of all types
Canon ITS has its own edge computing solution connecting IoT devices and is developing and promoting integrated solutions with the VANTIQ platform for manufacturing customers.
Factory automation and smart manufacturing projects need tailor-made software to most effectively monitor factory status and enable powerful human-machine collaboration.
Canon ITS chose VANTIQ as the core platform it uses primarily because of the speed with which it can build smart manufacturing systems. Clients of Canon ITS radically transform their manufacturing processes from batch to real-time, significantly increasing throughput and quality.
Click here to read the press release of Canon ITS’ application.
VANTIQ - Enabling the Digital Enterprise
Read the vision of Marty Sprinzen, CEO of VANTIQ, on how VANTIQ truly enables the real-time digital enterprise.
New Gartner Report - Free!
Innovation Insight for Event Thinking
Read Gartner’s latest report on the event-driven application revolution PLUS new product tour videos, VANTIQ FAQ, and interview with VANTIQ co-founders Marty & Paul.
Real-Time Application Overview and VANTIQ Demo
A detailed overview of why real-time, event-driven applications are required to truly transform your business operations. Includes a demo of how to rapidly build and deploy one.