Provide real-time insight and control over a highly-distributed supply chain.
• Poor communication between suppliers and manufacturers
• Multiple incompatible technology systems in place create silos of information
• Lack of standardization, especially in documentation, creates high overhead
• Lack of any real-time insight or awareness of supply chain health especially with regard to threats or issues
• Substandard supplier performance leading to improper delivery of materials
• Impact of last minute disruptions on inventory, production and outstanding customer orders
• Lack of integration between systems, purchasing, asset/resource management, logistics, etc., creates black holes of information in the supply chain
• Lack of Integration with logistics systems to track location of materials and identify any delays before they lead to disruptions
• Real-time analysis of upstream production impact on downstream product delivery, performance and analytics
Application integrates systems, documents, and includes people in real time to identify supply chain threats, bottlenecks, impact on inventory with communications to key parties such as purchasing personel as well as alerting customers of potential delays as the occur.
A top player in logistics has 1 million iceboxes in the cold chain. The company implemented a VANTIQ application to utilize IoT sensor data such as gps location, temperature, humidity, and box open/closing to become aware of pickups and needed maintenance of their assets in the cold chain in real time.
With this VANTIQ application, they can quickly turn sensor data into collaborative activities, seamlessly involving humans and machines in the overall process. Furthermore, they have the ability to edit and add to the VANTIQ application at any point in time.